Topics

Closure of the Protocol problem

Dan Goldfarb

Simply plugged the device into the back of my PC and then turned on.
New software went into the programme.
Success. Great fun back listening to my favourite Japanese Perseus owner's set.
Problems solved.

lasse moell

Ah good to know it's up and running...
Not sure what device you did attach to the PC... radio or modem?
New software? A reinstall of Perseus.exe?

Assume the port forwarding is working, did you scrap the DMZ idea?

Just trying to understan what happened, and what you did to get it to work.

/Lasse SM5GLC

2 augusti 2019 16:05:09 +02:00, skrev Dan Goldfarb via Groups.Io <djg524@...>:

Simply plugged the device into the back of my PC and then turned on.
New software went into the programme.
Success. Great fun back listening to my favourite Japanese Perseus owner's set.
Problems solved.

Dan Goldfarb

1) No DMZ needed.
2) New settings within my network map - i.e. a new modem only ISP meant that I could isolate traffic. I think that BT gave my modem a new ISP number.
3) I simply plugged the Perseus USB directly into my desktop. New software must have partly replicated my new ISP number.
But I did nothing to uninstall the parts of the perseus programme already in my desktop.
Now happy ready for winter.
Dan

lasse moell

I still don't get it... Call me Mr Simpleton!
Perseus program do nothing for IP numbers... it only specify ports (8014 by default)

When you say "settings within my network map" is where you totally lost me :) Are you using a "modem only",
i.e. converting fiber to TCP/IP.. and the PC sees your public IP??

Never mind glad you got it running :)
Feel free to play on my Perseus server.
/Lasse

2 augusti 2019 16:15:53 +02:00, skrev Dan Goldfarb via Groups.Io <djg524@...>:

1) No DMZ needed.
2) New settings within my network map - i.e. a new modem only ISP meant that I could isolate traffic. I think that BT gave my modem a new ISP number.
3) I simply plugged the Perseus USB directly into my desktop. New software must have partly replicated my new ISP number.
But I did nothing to uninstall the parts of the perseus programme already in my desktop.
Now happy ready for winter.
Dan

Stuart Heathcock

I’m wondering where he had previously plugged the Perseus usb cable? The dishwasher?

Stuart

[...]

barry williams

Ah hah! So, it’s you who bumps me when I’m trying to get on my favorite Japanese Perseus. Go someplace else!

Ok, just joking here. I’m not going to say which one, but I do have a favorite in Japan too.

Glad to hear you got your problems solved.

Barry