Group DescriptionA discussion group for the Penn Central Railroad and its predecessors. Pennsylvania (PRR), New York Central (NYC), New Haven (NH) and other associated roads (P&LE, etc) are welcomed. The time era is not cast in stone, although the primary focus is the years preceding, during and after the official PC era are expected to be foremost. Interchange and competition with other roads in the same geographical era, if relevant, is appropriate. Remnants of all roads extant today is also encouraged, for those trying to document what remains. Anecdotal information is acceptable, as long as so noted. The PC years were a time of turmoil, so explicit documentation of practices and procedures mag not be available. "What if?" scenarios are also permitted, again if clearly identified as such.
For those that grew up in the area, we saw tremendous change covering many railroads. As many wound up in Conrail, relevant discussion is permitted. For later Conrail or earlier PRR, NYC & NH, feel free to post, but try to find dedicated forums and link to them.
If you've got it, share it! If you don't know, ask it!
Stories of how PC arose, existed and eventually transitioned into Conrail or a bike trail are always of interest.
- 4 Members
- 0 Topics
- Started on
- All subscribers can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Archives are visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to subscribers only.
- Members can edit their posts.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.
Top Hashtags [See All]