Topics

The emergence of Nagel licensing

Greetings:

I'm always interested in the development in both the legacy of Patrick Nagel and its market development. This week, in purchasing another artist's work, I talked with the seller, who was friends with Jennifer Dumas, Patrick's widow.  According to the seller, Jennifer made a licensing deal with some entity to aggressively market and negotiate Nagel images on various items, including apparel.

This had been rumored for some time and is not necessarily recent news, but it does serve as yet another data point in the ascending value of the Nagel brand, which can only be good news for collectors. An aggressive marketing effort is a blessing, because it's that effort that is exposing Gen X and Millennials to Patrick Nagel.

And that's good news.