Topics

"Silver Sunbeam" for $2900?

Greetings:

This week's wonder on eBay is a popular lifetime serigraph that has a lot of heads being scratched. Silver Sunbeam is a classic collectible, with a run of 150 (I believe) or so. But how this seller could be asking US$2,900 is beyond me.

In the first place, as you can see, the piece appears to be warped or moisture damaged, since it doesn't lie flat. Secondly, while the seller shows the signature, he doesn't show the number. Hmmmm.....

Silver Sunbeam in perfect condition and totally legit might fetch US1,500 -- but not this one.

Be careful out there.

DancinCrow01@gmail.com

Hey Rob
Here are a couple photo's of the "Silver Sunbeam" on Ebay which the seller sent me of the signature & the numbering.  He also said that it's in good condition but it certainly looks rippled & slightly discolored to me.
Cheers
Dancincrow

Actually, this brings up a good point:

In my book, I postulate that maybe 30% of Nagel's work is still out there -- in collectible condition.  This is a perfect example of one that doesn't fall into that category. If it's that rumpled under glass, it's simply not collectible -- or worth anywhere near US$2,900.

DancinCrow01@gmail.com

Here are a couple photos of the lower portion of the print, one of which shows some rippling which he says is that it’s just not seated correctly in the frame.
Personally I think there is some damage though it’s still a nice print but certainly not worth anywhere close to the asking price.
Dancincrow