Topics

"Grey Lady" -- starting at US$8,8888 :)

Yep, there's a Grey Lady up on Ebay right now, with a starting bid of US$8,8888.

The photos look authentic enough, although being the suspicious person I am, I can't help but look sideways at this listing.  For one thing, the photos are very dark.  For another, the selling copy is sparse, to say the least.

But the seller has a perfect rating with hundreds of sales, so it's probably legit.  The signature and the numbering look real enough.

Now, which of you is going to start the bidding?  :D

Jacob GW

That is a seller generated starting bid.. we will have to see if anyone actually bids.

On Mar 23, 2019, at 10:14 AM, robfrankel <rob@...> wrote:

Yep, there's a Grey Lady up on Ebay right now, with a starting bid of US$8,8888.

The photos look authentic enough, although being the suspicious person I am, I can't help but look sideways at this listing.  For one thing, the photos are very dark.  For another, the selling copy is sparse, to say the least.

But the seller has a perfect rating with hundreds of sales, so it's probably legit.  The signature and the numbering look real enough.

Now, which of you is going to start the bidding?  :D

<s-l1600.jpg>

Craig Blankenship

I would not bid anything without provenance.
Even on a S/N piece , once you start getting up towards 5 figures you should demand documentation .

On Mar 23, 2019, at 9:19 AM, Jacob GW <jacobpgreenspan@...> wrote:

That is a seller generated starting bid.. we will have to see if anyone actually bids.

On Mar 23, 2019, at 10:14 AM, robfrankel <rob@...> wrote:

Yep, there's a Grey Lady up on Ebay right now, with a starting bid of US$8,8888.

The photos look authentic enough, although being the suspicious person I am, I can't help but look sideways at this listing.  For one thing, the photos are very dark.  For another, the selling copy is sparse, to say the least.

But the seller has a perfect rating with hundreds of sales, so it's probably legit.  The signature and the numbering look real enough.

Now, which of you is going to start the bidding?  :D

<s-l1600.jpg>

. .

He has a best offer so he will take less. If he is willing to.take  around 4000 he might sell it.   Grey lady are disappearing  . The ones being bought might not come up for sell for another couple DECADES.
Just my opinion.

Agreed, as per my post last week about "the market" for Nagel work.

MUCH more difficult to find collectible works now, and what you could have snapped up for $350 a few years ago are often closer to US$1,000+ now.

I don't know that we're looking at decades, though.  The market is rising daily.  Not always consistently, as we see on the canvases, but relentlessly upward nonetheless.

. .

Will u sell ur grey lady. I will not sell mine.  I plan  on living a few more decades.  That's what I mean by decades

There are a number of pieces I'd sell just for the profit, but that's why I collect serigraphs:  you can buy three, sell two and keep the third almost for free (if you time it right).

But I'm with you:  I'm not selling Grey Lady because I like her way too much and I have only one. I have a similar crush on Mirage and Kristen, but I have multiples of them.  At this point, I'm also holding on to some originals, as well, because once they're sold, they're gone.

Manuel Rodriguez

Agree with the logic, but there are only so many serigraphs I can display at any moment, as I do not live in a mansion with unlimited wall space. I sold Grey Lady years ago, as well as Venetian Blinds, and kept the pieces I enjoy most, Mask and Standing Lady. Still have half a dozen limiteds not displayed.