Topics

Brilliant new original discovered

Holy cow! Look what just surfaced after decades! Stunning acrylic on board.

Craig Blankenship

Price ?

On Feb 9, 2019, at 1:10 PM, robfrankel <rob@...> wrote:

Holy cow! Look what just surfaced after decades! Stunning acrylic on board.

<BermanAcrylic.jpg>

The piece measures about 9" x 12" and was apparently featured in the October, 1984, issue of Playboy, which was obviously published after Nagel died.  It was supposedly purchased by John Taylor of Duran Duran in some transaction back then, which is weird, because Playboy was intent on holding as much of Nagel's work as it could -- if it could -- after the Copyright Act of 1977.  This actually may explain how it fell into private hands:  If Nagel had renegotiated his deal with Playboy to retain all rights to his works after 1978, the piece might have been returned to him (or his estate by that time) after it had been published.

In any event, the piece is expected to go for US$20K+, which wouldn't surprise me.  Look for at least US$25K.

Correction:

The piece actually appeared in the March, 1984, issue of the Playboy Forum

Here's the actual page:

Susan del Barrio

I love it!! Wonder who she is?

On Feb 9, 2019, at 11:38 AM, Craig Blankenship <Craig@...> wrote:

Price ?

On Feb 9, 2019, at 1:10 PM, robfrankel <rob@...> wrote:

Holy cow! Look what just surfaced after decades! Stunning acrylic on board.

<BermanAcrylic.jpg>

According to Barry Haun, it's Traci Viccaro Dryer.  Uncensored Playboy image:

Susan del Barrio

I new Tracy well. Her father was connected in Vegas. She is a sweet person. Freddy gave me a few parts on the show HUNTER, thanks to Tracy.

On Feb 10, 2019, at 12:58 PM, robfrankel <rob@...> wrote:

According to Barry Haun, it's Traci Viccaro Dryer.  Uncensored Playboy image:

<205504_main.jpg>

Craig Blankenship

Any idea who various male models were ?  Man in pink shirt and also Sitting Man ??