Re: Male Canvas Pieces

Monica Moynihan

12082574_2_x.jpg

 ORIGINAL PATRICK NAGEL PAINTING MALE SWIMMER

This one sold for 6k on Jul 22, 2012 at auction.  I absolutely love him. I realize the males don't get the attention or the big prices. I guess lucky me because I want them. The canvas with the couple got a high price maybe due to the rarity of having a narrative and two subjects. Interesting that the piece recently sold for 20k with the couple and the yellow Ferrari. I was surprised to see a bidding war on that one. Would love opinions on that. Anyway, if anyone here is the owner of Swimmer or knows the owner and will consider selling contact me.

"Swimmer", Profile of Male with Cap and Goggles, Acrylic on Thick Cardboard, site size, 25'' x 21'', signed lower right, custom period frame, 35'' x 28'', purchased from the wife of Nagel in Atlanta. This Painting is included in the book, "The Art of Patrick Nagel", written by the artist.

On Sun, Sep 29, 2019 at 8:44 PM robfrankel <rob@...> wrote:

Typically, male pieces don't bring as much as female pieces.  Here are some male pieces (on all media) that have been sold at Heritage.  Note that the only canvas is the couple:

Monica Moynihan Perkal
Realtor, Top Producing Luxury Agent
Pinnacle Estate Properties, Inc.
24025 Park Sorrento, #110
Calabasas, CA 91302
(310) 429-2255 I DRE #01366039
"I Can Move Mountains..."

Confidentiality Notice: The contents of this electronic transmission including any attached documents may contain confidential and/or privileged information and/or legal work product protected by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act. This electronic transmission is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). Unauthorized interception, review, use, disclosure, copying, distribution or dissemination of the information is prohibited and may violate applicable laws. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email or phone and then immediately delete this message. Thank you.