Re: "Lorraine" on EBay

Jason

I just came back from a meeting with a Milwaukee-area paper conservator. He actually recommended simply leaving the print in its current state. He felt this was iron staining occurring in the paper and not mold.

The most minimally invasive procedure would be tiny spot applications of calcium carbonate (common chalk.) It would stall the foxing and slightly cover, but not completely hide, the spots.

I'm on the fence. Give her a professional UV framing and not let the foxing bother me, or put her back on the market, recouping my investment for an upgraded piece.

If I resell, I'd love to find a pristine Lorraine, or similar.