Re: "Lorraine" on EBay

Heather Arender

It sounds like foxing has occurred. Yellowish brown spots “freckles”. It could cost several hundred dollars to be restored and there is always a risk of it being damaged. Foxing will continue to get worse as it is mold, usually because of the reaction with the ink and paper over years and the type of framing that initially was done.

I do not have first-hand experience with having Nagel’s restored. I will say I have looked into it and one of my biggest concerns is the colors that were used mostly dark, yellow, or  pink is and the fine lines. So maybe someone can assist you that has actually had foxing remove from a Nagel print. Good luck!!!