Re: "Lorraine" on EBay

Jason

Edited

Hello!

I've been an admirer of Nagel and his work, since I was a budding designer in high school during the 1980's. I've been seeking something more demure to display in my workplace. The eBay Lorraine posted above hit all the right notes for me!

I still adore this piece, but... what the above auction didn't show, was her outbreak of freckles and a very, very tiny speck of grit to the upper right of the bird wing (maybe that part is my OCD chiming in.)

I'm meeting with a paper conservator here in Milwaukee, to determine what low-impact restoration is acceptable.

Any advice on the valuation of this piece and if such restoration is recommended, from a Nagel aficionado point-of-view?

Thank you in advance!