Re: MASK and anything about MASK

Monica Moynihan

Thank you for the compliments. I have three framed pieces in my home with non reflective acrylic done by another artist in a Media Room. I didn't want too much glare or reflection from my TV screen. Honestly. I regretted the decision for these images the moment I hung them.

The other artist Craig Drake also does some fine line work for movie based theme screen prints.) The non-reflective acrylic it slightly seems to diffuses or mutes lines (which is what Nagel does), as does Drake. My images always seem just slightly "blurred" and less vibrant. Maybe I am just picky, but that is my opinion.  It also seems to collect dust more (static). I did not want any of that on my Nagels. This piece will also go in a room with no harsh light and little sunlight really. The framer also offers a guarantee if I'm not happy.

On Fri, Oct 18, 2019 at 8:12 PM DancinCrow01@... <dancincrow01@...> wrote:
Wow, your Mask is stunning but I’m curious as to why you would not have used non reflective acrylic for it?  Congratulations on your purchase.
Dancincrow

On Oct 18, 2019, at 8:03 PM, Susan del Barrio via Groups.Io <susanolar@...> wrote:

Congratulations!! It’s beautiful!!  Being on of Nagel’s models, I shot a cover with Tom Stabler the Art Director of Playboy of mask with a wonderful knock up of the Mask, unfortunately it never made it.

On Oct 18, 2019, at 5:30 PM, Monica Moynihan <monicaperkal@...> wrote:

As promised, I am posting some pictures of my new "Mask" piece. I purchased her about three weeks ago from a brokerage. The seller took excellent care of her.  I won't begin to talk about history in the fashion that Nagel Angel does (I will save those posts for his expertise and at our other forum), but I know this one is very hard to find. I think we don't see her come up for sale because once you see MASK in real life you can not sell it.  I presume people are just holding on. She is stunning. The impact and mere size of her face had me stunned at her unveiling which I did for the first time at the framer.  The last pic shows her scale which I was impressed with as the framer is in the photo.

MASK
July 1980
Serigraph, six colors
40" x 29½"
50 s/n and 10 artist's proofs
There is at least one uncut, unsigned Mask sold by the estate.

If you have been in good fortune to get one please share pictures in this post. I would love to see how many of us Really have her.
(Manny please post yours here again for the thread. This post should be about MASK and anything regarding it).

Thank you,

Monica (Swimmergirl)
<maskunframedJPG.JPG>
<Maskcloseup.JPG>
<masksignature.JPG>
<masknumber.JPG>
<MaskframedJPG.JPG>
<MaskscaleJPG.JPG>

--
Monica Moynihan Perkal
Realtor, Top Producing Luxury Agent

Confidentiality Notice: The contents of this electronic transmission including any attached documents may contain confidential and/or privileged information and/or legal work product protected by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act. This electronic transmission is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). Unauthorized interception, review, use, disclosure, copying, distribution or dissemination of the information is prohibited and may violate applicable laws. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email or phone and then immediately delete this message. Thank you.