Parthia-L Parthia-L@groups.ioIn 247 BCE, .Arsaces, a Scythian chieftain of the Parni branch of the Dahae, rose against Andragoras, satrap of Parthia for Antiochus II Theos. The revolt was led by the brothers Arsaces and Tiridates; Arsaces became king beginning one of the greatest and longest lasting -- but one of the least understood -- empires the world has seen.
This forum is designed to facilitate the study of the Arsacid dynasty, known to the west as the Parthians, and their extensive coinage. Included in discussions are the sub-kingdoms of Characene, Elymais and Persis, and other areas under Parthian control.
All posts should be about ancient Parthia or closely related topics. Specifically prohibited are ad hominem attacks and posts on modern Middle East politics.
- 411 Members
- 2,941 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
Group Email Addresses
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to anyone.
- Only moderators can create hashtags.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.
Top Hashtags [See All]No used hashtags.