PowerSchool Users Group Guidelines
- To receive postings in one daily digest and change other membership settings, click "Subscription" from the PSUG home page.
- When posting a message, please use a signature to state what PowerSchool version you are using and information about your organization. For example, here's my signature that's appended to every posting: Bob Cassidy, Somerton School District, Arizona, K-8, 3000 students, PS 11.x
- Your signature may be updated here, and can be configured to work even when you prefer to post by e-mail.
- To share files, please upload them to the PowerSource Exchange.
- Due to legal restrictions, please do not post any proprietary information, such as PowerSource/Community article text and/or attachments.
- Links to such materials on PowerSchool official sites are acceptable.
- PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY PASSWORDS OR CODES or anything that could allow access to areas or operations that may require help from support or where potential damage could be done. Again, this includes any access or information from PowerSource.
- Since there are many non-technical PSUG members, please do not post instructions for DDA because of potential damage.
- Remember that the purpose of PSUG is to collaborate, cooperate and share in order to help users get the most out of it's many capabilities.
- If you are are receiving unsolicited emails that appear to come from PSUG, please let us know.
- Group Email Addresses:
VENDORS are welcome to be a part of this group, however, there are some caveats:
- This is not a marketing platform. No commercials.
- Vendors can directly (online) respond to a question or call for help if their product or service can solve a problem. But only to 'leave a card' as it were. No sales pitch.
- If Vendors want to freely share something, that is always welcome.
- Any recommendations should come directly from PowerSchool users (ie. Schools)
- NO unsolicited advertising is allowed. Vendors should never use the list to send unsolicited emails.
- The vendor's products should enhance/complement/support PowerSchool's products and not be in direct competition with PowerSchool, except for approved service partners.
- Vendors are welcome to respond to posts where someone identifies a problem, issue or question about their product or service.
- Vendors MUST have a signature on each post that clearly identifies them as a vendor with their company name.
- Vendor participation must be in the spirit of the group, one of positive contribution toward the resolution of problems. Being negative toward other products or solutions, or just chiming in to complain is not welcome.
- Issues that are clearly not germane to the benefit of the community, such as as resolving a support issue that is unique to a particular client and wouldn't apply to anyone else, should remain offline in a more proper support channel. PSUG is not a replacement for customer support, but a compliment to it.