Norfolk Southern manifest train 39G westbound passes the Station Inn @ C...

Russell Sharp <russsharp21@...>

https://youtu.be/ii_W786CjhU
My Philadelphia area and Pennsylvania friends and fellow members, above ⬆️ here’s today’s Norfolk Southern westbound manifest train 39G, which operates from Abrams Yard, across the Schuylkill River from Norristown, Pennsylvania, to Conway Yard, west of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, heading down the West Slope of the NS Pittsburgh Line, passing the front porch of the Station Inn, here at Cresson, Pennsylvania.
Look carefully and you’ll see Reading and Northern hoppers loaded with anthracite and headed to be loaded on to a barge on the Ohio River somewhere in the Pittsburgh area. And also note some hoppers from the Hainsport, New Jersey Industrial Park.
Bringing up the rear are two manned EMD/NS Juniata Works SD70ACU locomotives. They would have shoved 39G up the East Slope from Altoona, Pennsylvania to the summit of the Allegheny Mountains at Gallitzin and are staying on 39G down the West Slope to Conemaugh or Johnstown or Pittsburgh to provide additional dynamic braking.
I counted about a healthy 175 cars on today’s 39G!
Russ 😎