From: Joe Boscoe <joeboscoe@...>
Sent: Thursday, September 2, 2021 9:39 AM
To: PRSLHS Members <members@...>
Subject: Camden question

As a small boy about 75+ years ago I can remember a rail crossing approaching the Delaware River Bridge (not yet renamed to Ben Franklin) toll booth area.  Somewhere along that stretch of roadway, after leaving Admiral Wilson Blvd behind, and driving with row houses on either side of the street, we were stopped by a short freight pulled by a B6.  Where did the line go to/from?  Thanks for all input.
Joe

Joe Boscoe <joeboscoe@...>

Thank you so much Don.  Mystery solved.

On Sep 2, 2021, at 10:05 AM, Don Lee <donlee48@...> wrote:

Joe,
That track was the PRSL that ran from Center tower down Main Street to Cooper's Point yard.  This was the original Camden & Atlantic main line.  After the ferry service was discontinued in 1952 a connection was built across the ferry lot to Delaware Ave. which permitted the abandonment of the track on Main St.
Don Lee

As a small boy about 75+ years ago I can remember a rail crossing approaching the Delaware River Bridge (not yet renamed to Ben Franklin) toll booth area.  Somewhere along that stretch of roadway, after leaving Admiral Wilson Blvd behind, and driving with row houses on either side of the street, we were stopped by a short freight pulled by a B6.  Where did the line go to/from?  Thanks for all input.
Joe

Jack Schilling <schilling.jack@...>

Joe,

I think this Camden aerial photo shows the crossing you mention at lower right - a freight line toward Cooper Point?

Jack