Topics

RPO project - my BM70n interior

Chuck Heuer

Since we've gotten into the RPO interiors a bit, I thought I would post a couple shots of the interior improvements I made to a Walthers BM-70n last year.

Chuck Heuer

Dave's Gmail

Very cool, Chuck.
What did you use for your hardwood floors?
Dave Wilson

--
David C. Wilson
nanos gigantum humeris insidentes

Chuck Heuer

Dave,

All the wood surfaces got a brushed base coat of Vallejo Model Air  71.077 “Madera Wood”. Being formulated for direct air brush use, the first brush coat of these paints on any significant area tends to be streaky and/or blotchy depending on specific application technique. I left that single coat over beige plastic for the work tables and counters. For the overhead bins I applied a second coat for a more even base before detailing with brown and black to allude to the compartmentalization.

I only painted the potentially visible floor areas., I added a dry-ish brushing of Vallejo MA 71.029 "Dark Earth" over the "Madera Wood" base. I did do a couple of experiments first. In the end, very little of the floor is actually perceivable through the mail door windows, and a good part of that is now actually covered with stacked mail sacks in the pouch storage areas at either end of the apartment, by the stanchions. (not in any of the pix I posted). The baggage area is not illuminated although I did paint the floor there. Could have skipped that.

Hope this helps,

Chuck