Topics

MPBM54 photo

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi List Members,

Perhaps some of us might be interested in this linked image of a PRR class MPBM54 RPO-baggage-coach combine car...

Enjoy!

Claus Schlund

Dave's Gmail

Very cool. Thanks, Claus! Does anyone know what the “wire” on the roof is? I’m guessing it’s conduit, but I don’t understand why they would put it on the roof instead of inside the car.

Dave Wilson

On Mar 1, 2021, at 7:02 PM, Claus Schlund &#92;(HGM&#92;) <claus@...> wrote:

Hi List Members,

Perhaps some of us might be interested in this linked image of a PRR class MPBM54 RPO-baggage-coach combine car...

Enjoy!

Claus Schlund

Steve Lucas

Were some of the MPBM54 cars later modified, and sold to the Lehigh Valley RR?  There's photos of a similar car with two less windows in the passenger compartment running into and out of Toronto on the CN/LV Maple Leaf in the 1950's.

Steve Lucas