M70B update

Dave's Gmail

Group, it’s been awhile since I sat down and worked on my RPO. My latest work was to build desks and letter cases. These were fashioned from styrene sheet, and I have to add the legs to the desks. I will probably paint these a buff color rather than putting letter case print outs on them. I doubt that you’ll ever be able to see these inside.
Dave Wilson

Rich C

Looking Great, Dave. My mail car projects, and other projects,  are on the back burner for a while. I am moving my focus to getting my modules ready for the first club meeting since COVID.

When I get back to it, I will probably just modify existing RPO interiors for my two cars. I am still waiting for the roofs.

Rich Christie

On Tuesday, April 27, 2021, 06:37:28 PM CDT, Dave's Gmail <davidchriswilson@...> wrote:

Group, it’s been awhile since I sat down and worked on my RPO. My latest work was to build desks and letter cases. These were fashioned from styrene sheet, and I have to add the legs to the desks.  I will probably paint these a buff color rather than putting letter case print outs on them. I doubt that you’ll ever be able to see these inside.
Dave Wilson

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi Dave,

Very cool, looks great, and yet so simple!

Claus Schlund

Group, it’s been awhile since I sat down and worked on my RPO. My latest work was to build desks and letter cases. These were fashioned from styrene sheet, and I have to add the legs to the desks.  I will probably paint these a buff color rather than putting letter case print outs on them. I doubt that you’ll ever be able to see these inside.
Dave Wilson

Dave's Gmail

Thanks, Claus! I may try to make a removable roof for my BM70KA, so you can see the interior. I usually need one car under my belt to work out some of the problems.
Dave

On Apr 27, 2021, at 7:55 PM, Claus Schlund &#92;(HGM&#92;) <claus@...> wrote:

Hi Dave,

Very cool, looks great, and yet so simple!

Claus Schlund

Group, it’s been awhile since I sat down and worked on my RPO. My latest work was to build desks and letter cases. These were fashioned from styrene sheet, and I have to add the legs to the desks.  I will probably paint these a buff color rather than putting letter case print outs on them. I doubt that you’ll ever be able to see these inside.
Dave Wilson

Dave's Gmail

Thanks, Rich. I finally got my 3C-P1 trucks from LaBelle. They look good, but they need the end brakes. I guess I’ll have to find those somewhere.
Dave

On Apr 27, 2021, at 7:52 PM, Rich C via groups.io <rhcdmc@...> wrote:

Looking Great, Dave. My mail car projects, and other projects,  are on the back burner for a while. I am moving my focus to getting my modules ready for the first club meeting since COVID.

When I get back to it, I will probably just modify existing RPO interiors for my two cars. I am still waiting for the roofs.

Rich Christie

On Tuesday, April 27, 2021, 06:37:28 PM CDT, Dave's Gmail <davidchriswilson@...> wrote:

Group, it’s been awhile since I sat down and worked on my RPO. My latest work was to build desks and letter cases. These were fashioned from styrene sheet, and I have to add the legs to the desks.  I will probably paint these a buff color rather than putting letter case print outs on them. I doubt that you’ll ever be able to see these inside.
Dave Wilson

Ralph W. Brown

Hi Dave,

AMB offers a set of brake beans intended for the trucks on the Walthers R50B and B60B that one might be able to adapt to the LaBelle 3C-P1 trucks.  Go to: http://www.laserkit.com/laserkit.htm, click on “HO SCALE,” then “Detail Parts for Structures and Rolling Stock,” and scroll to the bottom of the page.  It’s the next to last item (Kit #965).  May be worth a look anyway.

Pax,

Ralph Brown
Portland, Maine
PRRT&HS No. 3966

[...]