[EXT] [PRRPro] RPO progress

Bruce Smith

Dave,

Not "dampers" but bearings.  Looking good!

From: PRRPro@groups.io <PRRPro@groups.io> on behalf of Dave's Gmail <davidchriswilson@...>
Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2021 7:32 PM
To: PRRPro@groups.io <PRRPro@groups.io>
Subject: [EXT] [PRRPro] RPO progress

Group, it has been a while since I’ve updated my M70B progress. I’ve since picked up some new trucks from LaBelle. These sit differently than the Walther’s trucks, so I had remove my original bolsters. The top photo shows the trucks before the removal of the bolsters. Now I have to add styrene to get them to the correct height. Also, I have to add the dampers? to the sides of the cars to match up with the trucks.
Dave Wilson

Dave's Gmail

Thanks, Bruce. I never knew what to call them. How did they work? If you don’t know or if it’s too long to explain, I’m sure I can look it up. They definitely will make the finished car look better.
Dave Wilson

On May 12, 2021, at 8:52 PM, Bruce Smith <smithbf@...> wrote:

Dave,

Not "dampers" but bearings.  Looking good!

Group, it has been a while since I’ve updated my M70B progress. I’ve since picked up some new trucks from LaBelle. These sit differently than the Walther’s trucks, so I had remove my original bolsters. The top photo shows the trucks before the removal of the bolsters. Now I have to add styrene to get them to the correct height. Also, I have to add the dampers? to the sides of the cars to match up with the trucks.
Dave Wilson

Bruce Smith

Dave,

All trucks have bearing surfaces that help support and stabilize the car. These happen to have them outside the side frames, and two sets per truck. These are, believe it or not, plates that slide on each other. I can only assume that they were greased from time to time.

Auburn, Al