Sent: Friday, January 21, 2022 11:42 PM
Subject: [PRRPro] B70a original doors vs. modernized porthole doors

Group, It seems that the majority of the B70A T&S cars show the original as built doors. Very few photos of the modernized porthole doors. The only ones I have seen with the modernized are Romeo, Juliet and Victor Herbert. I am sure there have been more upgrades, just not a lot of photo evidence. Richilieu is a hybrid. It has the larger modernized doors while still retaining the smaller original doors!

Rich Christie

Rich C

Thanks, Claus. Like I mentioned, I am sure there were plenty more. It just seems that there are more photos of the cars in "as built" condition.

The B74A and B74B photos seem about the same number of shots between the two.

I plan on doing one each of the B74s. I have an order coming from BCW with Clerestory roofs (one extra in case they need stretching) and blunt ends.

And will be doing another B70A original doors.

I will be doing one at a time!

Rich Christie

Kevin Leddy

I came to the same conclusion that most of the scenery cars retained their original doors.  A picture of Cordelia shows that at least one set of double doors were replaced with the modernized porthole doors.