M70b

Dave's Gmail

Group, I started some interior work on my M70b. These bent pieces of 0.020” diameter wire will eventually become the mail sack holders.
Dave Wilson

Robert Flores

There was a diagonal brace that went from the floor to the outer bar that allowed the units to extend for use, or retract to the wall when not in use, but then you aren't finished yet.  Keep up the good work, your progress is most encouraging.

Bob Flores   Columbus  Ohio

On Sunday, February 21, 2021, 07:45:01 PM EST, Dave's Gmail <davidchriswilson@...> wrote:

Group, I started some interior work on my M70b. These bent pieces of 0.020” diameter wire will eventually become the mail sack holders.
Dave Wilson

Dave's Gmail

Bob, I’m not going to go wild on the interior. My cars will always be viewed from the outside. I’m probably going to do a little more on this car because I don’t know what can and cannot be seen from the windows. I will allow this project to inform me for what I have to do on future RPO and passenger projects.
Dave Wilson

On Feb 21, 2021, at 8:17 PM, Robert Flores via groups.io <bobflores99@...> wrote:

There was a diagonal brace that went from the floor to the outer bar that allowed the units to extend for use, or retract to the wall when not in use, but then you aren't finished yet.  Keep up the good work, your progress is most encouraging.

Bob Flores   Columbus  Ohio
On Sunday, February 21, 2021, 07:45:01 PM EST, Dave's Gmail <davidchriswilson@...> wrote:

Group, I started some interior work on my M70b. These bent pieces of 0.020” diameter wire will eventually become the mail sack holders.
Dave Wilson

Chuck Heuer

Dave, anywhere that something protrudes from the wall at the windows (racks w/sacks below, bins above), the floor will not be visible, nor much of the opposite interior wall. Are you planning interior lighting? Unless you do lighting, very little except shadows and silhouettes will be visible past what is immediately adjacent to to the window. Interior bars on the windows also are view obstructive on an RPO, both to the view and to outside illumination getting in. Almost any other type of passenger car has better interior visibility thru the windows than an RPO! (referring only to cars with windows, of course).

Chuck Heuer