PRR Mail Car/RPO project - MBM62 baggage-RPO combine in N scale

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi List Members,

I finally got a prior project finished and off my workbench - this means I can start real progress on my N scale MBM62 model - yea!

As prep work, I had previously sketched out a slice-and-dice approach, some of you will have seen this image before, it is included here for completeness...

Just like Burce did some time back, I spent about 30 minutes with a razor saw cutting up a LIMA N-scale PBM70 model into a 'flat kit'. I started by removing any underbody parts worth keeping, then sliced off the sides from the underframe - see image below:

Next job is to clean the back side of these parts so they are perfectly flat, removing the left-over material that can be seen at the image below:

More later...

Claus Schlund