Re: H25 brake lever mount

O Fenton Wells

It goes to a bracket on the slope sheet try this one and at the bottom of the lever it ties to the brake rod, second photo

On Thu, Apr 16, 2020 at 4:47 PM Bruce Smith <smithbf@...> wrote:
Fenton,

Thanks!  I think that the H25 is pretty similar, but I don't see the upper piece going all the way to the slope sheet.

From: PRRPro@groups.io <PRRPro@groups.io> on behalf of O Fenton Wells <srrfan1401@...>
Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2020 3:43 PM
To: PRRPro@groups.io <PRRPro@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [PRRPro] H25 brake lever mount

Bruce, I don't have the PRR hopper but here is the area on a Southern hopper that may be close
Hope it helps
fenton

On Thu, Apr 16, 2020 at 4:15 PM Bruce Smith <smithbf@...> wrote:
Folks,

I'm trying to figure out how to attache the upper end of the vertical brake lever on the H25. The clevis about 2/3 to 3/4 of the way down obviously goes in the cylinder. The lower end attaches to the levers on the underbody.  On the H21, the upper end of this lever attaches to a fixture on the slope sheet that looks like a piece of channel, with an arm off of it.

The best photo I have, of H25 730593 (in the photo album), from 1951, appears to show the lever attached to a fixture that is in turn attached to the vertical support on the end of the car. You can even see the rivets where it attaches to the vertical. There is some dark shadow or shape on the slope sheet, but it does not appear to connect.

F&C has nothing on this in the directions and the two parts indicated as the "brake lever bracket" really make no sense as parts here. to me.

So, does anyone have any suggestions?

Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd
Pinehurst NC 28374