Re: X23

O Fenton Wells

On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 5:25 PM Bruce Smith <smithbf@...> wrote:
Al,

Thanks for posting! Sounds like the Ace Harware paint might be better for the prototype than the model ;)

Bruce

On Oct 16, 2018, at 8:31 AM, al_brown03 <abrown@...> wrote:

I've added a photo of my X23 to the folder Chuck mentions.
This is Westerfield kit #10053: with Kadee 2D-F8 trucks, Free State Systems Carmer cut levers, Hi-Tech air hoses.
Body paint is Ace Hardware Red Oxide Primer from a spray can. I had trouble with this paint: it went on thick, with a rough finish. Roof paint is Tamiya Dull Red.
Westerfield decals, Speedwitch carmen's marks, weathered with Bragdon & similar powders.

Wider, RP CYC 15, pp 47-87; Culotta, FFC 9, pp 10-11.

Al Brown, Melbourne, Fla.

--
Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd