Re: I1 Project; #'s 4489, 4616 updates #'s

Bruce Smith

On Wed, December 14, 2005 9:02 pm, pennsylvania1954 wrote:
Hi Bob--Sorry about your misfortune with 4616. I am pretty sure you
will have great difficulty trying to use Bowser parts for the valve
gear. I recommend you do whatever you can to stop the corrosion. A
chemist can jump in here! Assuming the blackener is an acid, try
giving the valve gear a good soaking in vinegar.
Actually no, vinegar is acid too. Use baking soda. It is a base adn will
neutralize the acid in the blackener (if it is acid).

Regards