I1 Project; #'s 4489, 4616 updates #'s

Bob Lyon <rbtwlyon@...>

With the new list activity of late, I figured it's time for a brief (VERY brief) update... unfortunately, time away from the hobby has been long, weekends all too short, so there has been little progress made to either 4489 or 4616. However, my Soundtraxx Tsunami (with the Banshee Whistle as one of its choices) arrived just the other day for #4489. Can't wait for the chance to plug it in! But it looks like that's going to have to be after the holidays.

As for 4616, well... despite all better judgment and prior warning, I got a little crazy with a chemical blackener on the valve gear and drivers. So the former is now staring to corrode, and the latter all have bridged gaps. I am now looking to replace the valve gear with Bowser parts (assuming they can be modified to fit) and either arcing the driver sets to zap whatever is now filling the gap or replace them all with either Bowser or NWSL. Problem will be pulling the wheels off to install the axle bearings, then quartering, etc. Sigh. Once that's done, though, I should be able to install my Lenz Gold and Soundtraxx DSX combo without shorting across the drivers.

Another sigh.

Best,

Bob Lyon
Santa Barbara