Re: M70b interior

Rich C

Chuck, I am glad you mentioned the info from the NKP kit. Like I mentioned I have the NKPs BM70M. I will dig out those instructions.

The Walthers Removable Hardware kit has 2 2-56 threaded rod pieces, 2 nuts, 2 solder lugs and a tapped piece of brass strip that maybe a 1/16 thick. You naturally need to mark the roof over the truck center and glue the strip to the roof. The threaded rod replaces the truck screws, so you need to use a clearance bit for 2-56.

 I remember making my own a long time ago with long 2-56 screws (which i may do again) as I don't like putting a small nut on the end of the rod. My fingers are not that nimble anymore. Attached are photos of the parts.

Rich Christie

On Tuesday, February 16, 2021, 09:35:27 PM CST, Chuck Heuer <hiker120@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Rich, the method you describe to add interior stops to the sides both to establish fit and to be used to screw the assembled body to the floor is precisely the method prescribed in my NKP kit. Since the primary structural components in this design seem to be the BCW plastic roof - ends - floor with the sides playing more of a secondary role structurally. I was planning to proceed along the path described in the instructions in this regard but it is certainly still early enough I could change that. I am curious though about the Walthers "old style roof removal kit" you refer to as I am not familiar with this. Can you provide any further information or perhaps a link that will educate me? Thanks!

Chuck