Re: PRR Mail Car/RPO project - MBM62 baggage-RPO combine in N scale

Rod Clifford

Claus,
Thanks for sharing the planning and steps so far. Looking at the prototype photo from your earlier post, please share how you plan to recreate the round end windows in n scale.  Rod Clifford

On Feb 12, 2021, at 3:34 PM, Claus Schlund &#92;(HGM&#92;) <claus@...> wrote:

Hi List Members,

I finally got a prior project finished and off my workbench - this means I can start real progress on my N scale MBM62 model - yea!

As prep work, I had previously sketched out a slice-and-dice approach, some of you will have seen this image before, it is included here for completeness...

Just like Burce did some time back, I spent about 30 minutes with a razor saw cutting up a LIMA N-scale PBM70 model into a 'flat kit'. I started by removing any underbody parts worth keeping, then sliced off the sides from the underframe - see image below:

Next job is to clean the back side of these parts so they are perfectly flat, removing the left-over material that can be seen at the image below:

More later...

Claus Schlund