Brick Tower Project - COLA

Bruce Smith

Hi Folks,

Years ago John Frantz did a very limited run kit of COLA tower in laser cut acrylic. Since that's the area I want to model, I had to have one. It had been sitting in its box for a long time and so I pulled it out. After flattening some of the piece that had warped, it went together pretty well (there are a few minor fit issues) and looks pretty  nice. Right now, it is partly painted. I am in the process of adding individual colored bricks. The darkest have been added in the photo. Then some touch up with concrete in some areas, weather a little (after all in 1944, it's only 6 years old!) add windows and set it trackside!