Topics

Where to buy HCMos Crystal with Paypal

Alfredo Mendiola Loyola

Dear All:

I need to buy a 30 mhz HCMOS 5 volts crystal oscillator to use it with an AD9851 DDS.

I don't have credit card, I use Paypal to buy things in ebay or Arrow.com, but I can't find a 30 Mhz HCmos oscillator with 30 mhz.

Digikey doesn't accept paypal therefore I can't use that site.

Could you help me to get the 30 Mhz Oscillator, I wouuld like the Epson-SG615P oscillator for example.

Regards.

Alfredo

OA4AJP

Sandeep Lohia

I can send...

will have to search in my junk...

VU3SXT

--
Please encourage recycling, reuse or repairing of E-waste.
░7░3░ ░d░e░ ░V░U░3░S░X░T░

Alfredo Mendiola Loyola

Thank you, please if you find the oscillators send me the specifications and the shipping cost to send you the money via paypal.

Thank you very much.
OA4AJP

Dave

Alfredo:
  Mouser has CMOS 30 MHz oscillators, but I don't think they accept Paypal.  I have the Paypal debit card which I use for all my business parts.  Mouser sees a Mastercard and the money comes from my Paypal account.

Dave - WB6DHW

On 11/15/2015 10:20 AM, mendiola_loyola@... [PHSNA] wrote:

Dear All:

I need to buy a 30 mhz HCMOS 5 volts crystal oscillator to use it with an AD9851 DDS.

I don't have credit card, I use Paypal to buy things in ebay or Arrow.com, but I can't find a 30 Mhz HCmos oscillator with 30 mhz.

Digikey doesn't accept paypal therefore I can't use that site.

Could you help me to get the 30 Mhz Oscillator, I wouuld like the Epson-SG615P oscillator for example.

Regards.

Alfredo

OA4AJP

Alfredo Mendiola Loyola

Dear All:

Do I have to use a 30 Mhz oscillator with the 6x multiplier to get 180Mhz with the AD9851, or do I have to use 180 Mhz crystall oscillator to get the better phase noise?

73
Alfredo Mendiola Loyola
OA4AJP

vasilyivanenko@...

Hi Alfredo

It sounds like you need a 180 MHz reference source?  Multiplying a DDS chip from 30 MHz will increase the already fairly rotten phase noise by 20 log N or 15.6 dB.  I'm not sure what you phase noise requirements are?

At any rate, a simple. older chip often sold on eBay will give 180 MHz with a 30 MHz fundamental crystal
Integrated Circuit Systems - datasheet pdfBest regards
Todd

Alfredo Mendiola Loyola

I would like to get the same phase noise included in the AD9851 datasheet (SFDR charts) at 30 Mhz.  A SFDR > 70dB @ 30 Mhz would be ok.

I don't know if I have to use a low jitter oscillator or a "standard" oscillator with period jitter of 50 ps peak to peak.

What would be an acceptable oscillator with a period jitter peak to peak to use it with a DDS like the AD9851 with the x6 multiplier enabled.

73
Alfredo Mendiola Loyola
OA4AJP

vasilyivanenko@...

The biggest problem with this product at higher frequencies  = worrisome, multiple spurious outputs.

As long as the phase noise of the reference oscillator is lower than the chip, you should ~ OK. On their web site with a related DDS, they mention the use of a 125 MHz Butler reference oscillator (with a good quality crystal) -- the Butler is pretty much what the VHF-microwave transverter builders apply due to it's low phase noise.

Phase noise is accumulative in the system. Dividing down helps by 20 log N. The reference frequency should be as high as possible. The reference oscillator phase noise, in conjunction with the residual phase noise of the DDS constitutes the total phase noise in the DDS output, so the reference oscillator phase noise ranks as important (along with your budget) if your seek lower phase noise.

AD9910 = much better choice for VHF if you're bent on the DDS route.