Topics

Voltage Regulator Noise

Alfredo Mendiola Loyola

What  Voltage Regulator should I use to have lower voltage noise?

I want to have stable sine wave from my AD9851 DDS and my THS3201 opamp.

Can I use a LM7805

Or Lm317 for a dual power supply Positive and Negative voltage.

Regards.

Alfredo Mendiola Loyola

OA4AJP

David Collins

Hi Alfredo,

Your time would probably be better spent concentrating on the power source for the AD8307 RF Power Detector.  There we use a separate 5V regulator with a CRCLCLC filter in the 5V line and only one connection to the isolated ground plane under the AD8307.  We also use a CRC filter on the input to the regulator.

73,
Dave Collins - AD7JT