Topics

Need Schematic Please

Richard Johnson

I have some unpopulated board and I need the associated schematic.

1) Main board:  13 Oct 2013, Rev 5.01

2) AD8307 board: 13 Oct 2013, Rev 1.20

3) AD8307 board: 13 Oct 2013, Rev 1.25

Thank you for the help.

cheers,

Richard

EB4APL

Hi Rich,

Did you have browsed the group files section?

And what type of main board do you have: DDS-60 and Nano, Type I Chinese DDS module or Type II?

The power meter boards have identical schematics, there could be some minor board differences.

Regards,

Ignacio, EB4APL

El 23/04/2018 a las 2:25, richj45@... [PHSNA] escribió:

I have some unpopulated board and I need the associated schematic.

1) Main board:  13 Oct 2013, Rev 5.01

2) AD8307 board: 13 Oct 2013, Rev 1.20

3) AD8307 board: 13 Oct 2013, Rev 1.25

Thank you for the help.

cheers,

Richard

Richard Johnson

I checked again and found the schematic in presentation at Osakcon.

Where would be the board layout info?

Thanks
Richard

Nick Kennedy

There were quite a few variations on the schematics and associated boards done by Jim, N5IB. He put a document in the top level of the FILES section in 2016 that attempts to organize the various possible configurations.  It's called "PHSNA FAQ Sheet.PDF".  I'd advise looking at that.

Possible variables include:

The original version used a "standard" form factor Arduino, maybe a UNO.  Later, use of the Nano was accommodated.

The original version used a 2N5109 amplifier after the DDS. Another possibility was a MMIC, I think.

Also, there were from the start two form factors of DDS units available from eBay. Jim called them "Type I" and "Type II" and made boards for both.

And later, a board was designed that could accept the AmQRP / MidnightScienceDesigns board called the DDS60 instead of one of the eBay DDS units.

Regarding the Log Power Meter board, very little was changed over the course of the project. The design is close to what Hayward and Larkin published. The board can work with both SMT or DIP versions of the AD8307 chip.

If you can examine your boards and try to determine which of those variations they are built for, that's a start. Or maybe you already have a DDS or preferred Arduino form factor and want to go from there. You can of course kludge things together, like I did with a DDS60 before Jim made his DDS60 board version.

It's a bit confusing but gives a lot of flexibility. Try to figure out what you have and what you want to use and look at the FAQ as a starting point.

On Sun, Apr 22, 2018 at 7:25 PM, richj45@... [PHSNA] <PHSNA@...> wrote:

I have some unpopulated board and I need the associated schematic.

1) Main board:  13 Oct 2013, Rev 5.01

2) AD8307 board: 13 Oct 2013, Rev 1.20

3) AD8307 board: 13 Oct 2013, Rev 1.25

Thank you for the help.

cheers,

Richard

EB4APL

Richard,

This group is full of people that are eager to help you, but we need some basic information before. What type of main board do you have? If you are not sure, send us a picture, then we can point you to the schematics and BOM. Since some boards cover options, we will ask you about your plans later.

73 de Ignacio, EB4APL

El 23/04/2018 a las 23:32, Nick Kennedy kennnick@... [PHSNA] escribió:

[...]

Steven Greenfield AE7HD

Has something happened to Jim N5IB?

I emailed him at his juno.com address to ask about any leftovers from the last order, and it bounced saying no such address.

Steve Greenfield AE7HD

---In PHSNA@..., <kennnick@...> wrote :

There were quite a few variations on the schematics and associated boards done by Jim, N5IB. He put a document in the top level of the FILES section in 2016 that attempts to organize the various possible configurations.  It's called "PHSNA FAQ Sheet.PDF".  I'd advise looking at that.

...snip..

​I think they may be off visiting one of their kids. Not sure about the email bounce - I did get an email from him a month ago.

73-

Nick, WA5BDU​

On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 11:13 AM, alienrelics@... [PHSNA] <PHSNA@...> wrote:

Has something happened to Jim N5IB?

I emailed him at his juno.com address to ask about any leftovers from the last order, and it bounced saying no such address.

Steve Greenfield AE7HD

Karl Heinz Kremer

If I am not mistaken, he posted to the BitX group a couple of days ago.

Karl Heinz - K5KHK

William Kimber

Jim has been posting to the Bitx20  group in last few days so nothing serious wrong.  Maybe system just got stuffed up.

Will,

zl1tao

---In PHSNA@..., wrote :

There were quite a few variations on the schematics and associated boards done by Jim, N5IB. He put a document in the top level of the FILES section in 2016 that attempts to organize the various possible configurations.  It's called "PHSNA FAQ Sheet.PDF".  I'd advise looking at that.

...snip..

Steven Greenfield AE7HD

His website seems to be gone, too. Not just run out of bandwidth, I get a screen saying the registration has expired.

http://n5ib.net/index.xht

Steve Greenfield AE7HD

Karl Heinz Kremer

That seems to be mirrored at http://www.qsl.net/n5ib/

Karl Heinz Kremer
PDF Acrobatics Without a Net
PDF Software Development, Training and More...