Topics

info

Ambro_IW2FVO

hi to all in this forum,
I have to build the Phsna for one of my friend ham.,
I would like to use the parts already on our hands without the use of a pcb.
We have : Arduino nano, ad9850 DDS, ad 8307 detector all working.
Need the following_
where to download the latest schematic diagram and part list
where to download the latest arduino firmware
where to download the last pc software.
thanks for all,
73 ambro

Nick Kennedy

Hello Ambro,

All of the software you need is in the folder "Windows PHSNA". That
includes two Arduino 'ino' files plus the Windows executable.

You will also find a user's guide for the software and a guide on how to do
the Arduino software installation, for any people not familiar with it.
There are sample "parameters.txt" and "memories.txt" files which the
Windows PHSNA program reads to configure itself for your specific system.

As for schematics -- since there are many variations on the software, I
recommend you first look over "PHSNA FAQ Sheet.pdf" which is in the top
level (last page) of the files area. I hope it will guide you to the
correct document for the schematics. But if there's any trouble, we can
help you.

On Mon, May 7, 2018 at 1:40 PM Ambro_IW2FVO via Groups.Io <iw2fvo=
yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

hi to all in this forum,
I have to build the Phsna for one of my friend ham.,
I would like to use the parts already on our hands without the use of a
pcb.
We have : Arduino nano, ad9850 DDS, ad 8307 detector all working.
Need the following_
where to download the latest schematic diagram and part list
where to download the latest arduino firmware
where to download the last pc software.
thanks for all,
73 ambro

Norberto Modanesi

Can't find the files area in groups.io.
Help please.
73 - LU5DNM

yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

hi to all in this forum,
I have to build the Phsna for one of my friend ham.,
I would like to use the parts already on our hands without the use of a
pcb.
We have : Arduino nano, ad9850 DDS, ad 8307 detector all working.
Need the following_
where to download the latest schematic diagram and part list
where to download the latest arduino firmware
where to download the last pc software.
thanks for all,
73 ambro

Nick Kennedy

Well, today is my first time to look at the new group location also. But if
you are in the PHSNA group and are a member, the files area should be
visible.

First, the group location is here:

https://groups.io/g/PHSNA

From that home page in the upper left I see a list of 11 links and 'Files'
is the 9th one.

After you click files you may see that there are a lot of files and
directories. There's navigation at the lower right to go through four (4)
pages of files and file folders.

I hope this helps.

BTW, this message should have a line that takes you to the PHSNA home page.

yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

hi to all in this forum,
I have to build the Phsna for one of my friend ham.,
I would like to use the parts already on our hands without the use of a
pcb.
We have : Arduino nano, ad9850 DDS, ad 8307 detector all working.
Need the following_
where to download the latest schematic diagram and part list
where to download the latest arduino firmware
where to download the last pc software.
thanks for all,
73 ambro

Norberto Modanesi

Hi Nick:
The only links I see are: Home, Messages and hashtags.
73.

yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

hi to all in this forum,
I have to build the Phsna for one of my friend ham.,
I would like to use the parts already on our hands without the use of a
pcb.
We have : Arduino nano, ad9850 DDS, ad 8307 detector all working.
Need the following_
where to download the latest schematic diagram and part list
where to download the latest arduino firmware
where to download the last pc software.
thanks for all,
73 ambro

I see everything.
I suspect your are not signed in properly.
Dave
VE7HR

--
72 de Dave
VE7HR

Colin G6AVK

Hi,

On Monday, 7 May 2018 21:45:21 BST you wrote:

The only links I see are: Home, Messages and hashtags.
That is because you are not signed in. You have to login to groups.io to get
the full access to files/photo's for the group(s) you are a member of.

HTH

73, Colin - G6AVK
--
Fedora 28 (Twenty Eight)
Registered Linux user number #342953

EB4APL

The key phrase is "if you are a member", you will nor see files and photos if you are not.

Regards,
Ignacio, EB4APL

yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

hi to all in this forum,
I have to build the Phsna for one of my friend ham.,
I would like to use the parts already on our hands without the use of a
pcb.
We have : Arduino nano, ad9850 DDS, ad 8307 detector all working.
Need the following_
where to download the latest schematic diagram and part list
where to download the latest arduino firmware
where to download the last pc software.
thanks for all,
73 ambro

Ambro IW2FVO

Hi Nick,

I did find out the windows PHSNA and its 14 tabs but I still can not find the latest connection diagram or system schematic diagrams.
Any additional help please ?
73, Ambro

Norberto Modanesi

Hola Ignacio:
Era miembro en Yahoogroups, por loque, entiendo debería selo también en io.
De todos modos, solicité una nueva inscripción.
73
Norberto

yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

hi to all in this forum,
I have to build the Phsna for one of my friend ham.,
I would like to use the parts already on our hands without the use of a
pcb.
We have : Arduino nano, ad9850 DDS, ad 8307 detector all working.
Need the following_
where to download the latest schematic diagram and part list
where to download the latest arduino firmware
where to download the last pc software.
thanks for all,
73 ambro

Nick Kennedy

OK. Since this is a question that comes up occasionally, I have gone though
the Files area and listed files that show schematics for various
configurations:

*Where are the schematics?*

First, about the variations.

· There were two types of DDS boards from eBay that would work with
the system, which we called Type I and Type II. The differences are mainly
in the layout, so if you are not using N5IB’s custom boards it may not
matter.

· There were also AD9850 and AD9851 DDS boards.

· Jim and Jerry determined that the post-DDS filter provided on the
eBay boards was not adequate, so they designed a new filter to be used.

· The system uses an additional amplifier after the DDS to provide
some gain, followed by an attenuator to assure a constant 50 ohm output
impedance. One version of the amplifier used a 2N5109 transistor and a
later version used an MMIC.

· The AD8307 board followed the schematic of Hayward and Larkin
fairly closely so there aren’t many variations in the schematic. Some
options for the type of op-amp to be used were provided. Also, a zener on
the input to the ADC was removed because it adversely affected accuracy.

Now, for the locations of some schematics:

*For the power meter:*

Go to the folder Files>AD8307 Power Meter>

You will find the schematic of the AD8307 circuit as designed by W7ZOI and
W7PUA, redrawn by N5IB. This file is called “W7ZOI W7PUA RF Power
Meter.pdf”.

In the same folder you find information on calibrating the circuit and on
use of the optional analog meter movement. There is also a spreadsheet
listing acceptable substitutes for the AD820 op-amp.

*Other schematics for the system:*

Files>PHSNA version using DDS-60 DDS module & Arduino NANO

In this folder is a file called PHSNA for DDS60 and Arduino NANO -
Prototype Builders Notes.pdf
<https://groups.io/g/PHSNA/files/PHSNA%20version%20using%20DDS-60%20DDS%20module%20&%20Arduino%20NANO/PHSNA%20for%20DDS60%20and%20Arduino%20NANO%20-%20Prototype%20Builders%20Notes.pdf>
with
a schematic using an Arduino with the Midnight Designs DDS-60 board:

Files>Type-1 PHSNA - version using Type-1 DDS module & Arduino UNO

In this folder is a file called COMBO 2N5109 Schematic and Layout.pdf
<https://groups.io/g/PHSNA/files/Type-1%20PHSNA%20-%20version%20using%20Type-1%20DDS%20module%20&%20Arduino%20UNO/COMBO%202N5109%20Schematic%20and%20Layout.pdf>
.
This file shows using the DDS with the 2N5109 post-DDS amplifier. It also
includes a schematic of the AD8307 circuit.

The same folder also contains the file: PHSNA ERA-3+ Type I DDS rev6r10.pdf
<https://groups.io/g/PHSNA/files/Type-1%20PHSNA%20-%20version%20using%20Type-1%20DDS%20module%20&%20Arduino%20UNO/PHSNA%20ERA-3+%20Type%20I%20DDS%20%20rev6r10.pdf>
which shows using the type I AD9850 DDS with an ERA-3+ MMIC post-amplifier.

Files>Type-2 PHSNA - version using Type-2 DDS module & Arduino UNO

In this folder is a file called: PHSNA Type II Details 21 MAR 2014.pdf
<https://groups.io/g/PHSNA/files/Type-2%20PHSNA%20-%20version%20using%20Type-2%20DDS%20module%20&%20Arduino%20UNO/PHSNA%20Type%20II%20Details%2021%20MAR%202014.pdf>
.
It shows use of the “Type II” DDS from eBay. It shows how to modify the
filter on the DDS board with a schematic for the improved filter. The full
schematic for DDS plus Arduoino and the ERA-3+ MMIC is shown.

All of these folders also contain other files with useful information on
calibration, coil winding, BOMs and so on.

Again the file “PHSNA FAQ Sheet.pdf” at the top level of the Files area has
useful information on the overall system including a description and photos
of what is meant by Type I and Type II DDS boards.