Topics

Help - PHSNA PCB boards required

Dennis Anderson

Hi All,

Long shot I know, as these are well sort after. But I have always been taught if you don't ask, so here goes:

I am wondering if somebody has the following boards they are not going to use:

  1. AD-8307 Power Meter Board
  2. Return Loss Bridge
  3. Crystal Test Fixture

Thanks for any possible help.

Regards

Dennis G6YBC

Dennis Anderson

Hi All,

Thank you to G3ZQC, I now have the AD-8307 Board and Return Loss Bridge PCB.

So still looking for the "Crystal Test Fixture PCB" so any help locating one would be gratefully apreciated.

Thank you again for the bandwidth.

Regards

Dennis G6YBC

David Collins

HI All,

For those of you that may also be looking for a power meter board, there is another source you can consider when Jim's inventory is depleted.  Dick Faust, K9IVB, designed a small PCB for the W7ZOI power meter and made it available as an OSH Park shared public project.  The attached document from Dick's web page describes the power meter along with schematic and BOM.  It also contains links to Dick's web page and to his OSH Park shared project.  You can order three PCBs from OSH Park for about $8.00 (including U.S. shipping).  Boards are typically delivered in less than two weeks.

This circuit does not include the adjustable gain output amp as Jim's does.  That shouldn't be a problem when using the PHSNA controller without the analog meter.  I used Dick's board to prototype the built-in Power Meter for the Midnight SNA and had no problem feeding the AD8307 output direct to the ADC input on the SNA's dsPIC MCU.  I assume the same would work with an Adrino MCU but I have never tired it.  You can see the final implementation we used on the MSNA schematic.

Midnight SNA

Note the separate power source with heavy filtering on the 5V line and minimal filtering on the power meter output.

73,
Dave Collins - AD7JT