Topics

ER3-A in PHSNA

Tony G4WIF

I managed to knacker the ERA3 - and mini-circuits will only sell me a minimum of 20. I did try filling in the form for a free sample but that led to nothing arriving.

EBay supplies from the USA is cheap but postage is an extortion.

So is there any tribal knowledge on use of the ERA5a which is available from China for really silly money? Or better yet, a UK supplier of the ERA3 for small quantities.

Kind Regards

Tony G4WIF

Alfredo Mendiola Loyola

Be carefull with the output impedance, I advice to use a Current Feedback Opamp like the THS3201 or the OPA695.

Regards.
OA4AJP
Alfredo Mendiola Loyola
Lima, Peru

Marcus Gustafsson

Tony,

I've taken my chances and ordered "10pcs ERA-3SM+ ERA-3SM Original Mini Circuits Amplifiers" from the seller jk_parts on Ebay. I have not received them yet so I cannot say anything about trustworthiness and authenticity/quality of the parts.

/Marcus, SA5PMG

Anthony DeStefano

I ordered a couple from them and it was a pretty quick shipment to the east coast of the US.

--
Anthony DeStefano
adx@...

On Mon, Jan 25, 2016, at 07:44 AM, tony.interalia@... [PHSNA] wrote:

I managed to knacker the ERA3 - and mini-circuits will only sell me a minimum of 20. I did try filling in the form for a free sample but that led to nothing arriving.

EBay supplies from the USA is cheap but postage is an extortion.

So is there any tribal knowledge on use of the ERA5a which is available from China for really silly money? Or better yet, a UK supplier of the ERA3 for small quantities.

Kind Regards

Tony G4WIF

Tony G4WIF

I've learned something from this. That seller which Marcus quoted only has 12 items listed where I would normally look (ebay.co.uk). But look on Ebay.com and he has nearly 35,000 items.

- Tony

Alan G0RWB

Tony - I'll put a ERA-3SM in the post to you at the address on the G-QRP website.

I thought I'd blown mine up, managed to buy four on Ebay from a Polish seller. Replacement didn't cure it. The reason I had no output from the ERA-3 was that the comms from Arduino to DDS board had failed. Substituting the Arduino fixed the problem.

Regards,
Alan G0RWB

Tony G4WIF

Dear Alan and other kind benefactors.

I have already been promised a replacement so if you haven’t been to the post office yet Alan, I am OK now.

As published earlier, the secret to finding an EBay supplier seems to not use their UK site but the .com site which presumably (and primarily) services the USA. More people advertising there.

Hopefully soon my PHSNA will be back in service. Thanks everyone for their advice.

Kind regards

Tony