Topics

Differential Transformer Coupled Output 1:1

Alfredo Mendiola Loyola

Dear All:

Have you used Differential Transformer 1:1 to get more voltage peak 2 peak from the AD9851?

The datasheet has a diagram showing a Differential Transformer 1:1 connected to the two AD9851 differential outputs.

Is it better to use transformers instead of opamps amplifiers?

I will work from 1 Mhz to 30 Mhz.

Actually my Ad9851 modules is giving 250 mv peak 2 peak with a 50 ohm resistor load.

73s.

Alfredo Mendiola Loyola

Lima, Peru

N5IB

Both the "Type II PHSNA" and the "Experimenter Board" are set up to use a center-tapped broadband transformer to utilize both sine wave outputs of the AD9850/51. Schematics are in the Files area. It works very well and does give some increased output, but not enough to reach the +10 dBm level without additional amplification. The push-pull approach also provides some cancellation of even harmonics.

N5IB

---In PHSNA@..., <mendiola_loyola@...> wrote :

Dear All:

Have you used Differential Transformer 1:1 to get more voltage peak 2 peak from the AD9851?

The datasheet has a diagram showing a Differential Transformer 1:1 connected to the two AD9851 differential outputs.

Is it better to use transformers instead of opamps amplifiers?

I will work from 1 Mhz to 30 Mhz.

Actually my Ad9851 modules is giving 250 mv peak 2 peak with a 50 ohm resistor load.

73s.

Alfredo Mendiola Loyola

Lima, Peru

Alfredo Mendiola Loyola

Can I use a 2:1 center tap transformer to get 1 volt peak 2 peak.

Primary: 50 + 50 = 100 ohm
Secondary: 50 ohm

73
Alfredo