Topics

Best Flux to Solder AD9851 SSOP

Alfredo Mendiola Loyola

Dear All:

I have bought a liquid flux which contains Dimetilcarbinol to solder my AD9851 chip, the problem that I have is that the Tin causes bridges between some pins.

I have seen videos where the flux prevent the solder bridge generation between pins.

Can you advice a branch and type of flux to solder SSOP package like the AD9851 without tin bridges between the pins?

After a lot of work I could remove the bridges and the AD9851 evaluation board is working well, but I want to simplify the soldering process.

Regards.

Alfredo Mendiola Loyola

Lima, Perú

Earl Cox, KB5UEW

Are you using a tin/lead solder? If so I use Kester 951 low residue soldering flux. I have extra 951 flux if you need some. I also have 959 flux if you could use that.

I have found on SMD soldering, the problem usually is too much solder. It is easier to add solder but not so easy to take it away.

Earl KB5UEW

I have bought a liquid flux which contains Dimetilcarbinol to solder my AD9851 chip, the problem that I have is that the Tin causes bridges between some pins.

I have seen videos where the flux prevent the solder bridge generation between pins.

Can you advice a branch and type of flux to solder SSOP package like the AD9851 without tin bridges between the pins?

After a lot of work I could remove the bridges and the AD9851 evaluation board is working well, but I want to simplify the soldering process.

Regards.

Alfredo Mendiola Loyola

Lima, Perú

Alfredo Mendiola Loyola

Earl:

Yes I'm using tin/lead solder.

The flux I'm using has the following components:
Dimethylcarbinol, Resines, Reactives.

Is my flux good or similar to your Kester 951 Flux.

I would like to compare the Kester 951 and Kester 959

If you can send me some samples to test your flux they are welcome.

Is Rosin flux better than non rosin Flux?

Thank you very much.

Regards.
Alfredo Mendiola Loyola
OA4AJP

vasilyivanenko@...

Alfredo -- Some solder wick will clean up "between pin shorts" regardless. Takes only seconds.
Best !

Earl Cox, KB5UEW

I will try to send you a couple of samples. Is your address

Alfredo Mendiola
Av. Valles del Sur 150, Dpt. 102
Lima, Postal Code: Lima33
Peru

Correct?

I will need to check the postal regulations first before I send you some.

In the Until then here is a tip. I have found it useful to wipe the iron clean, apply flux,  then use a swipe from the chip outward away from the chip then repeat cleaning and swiping until the short is gone. This draws the solder away from the chip and often breaks toe short with one to 3 tries.

The 951 containsEthenol, 2-propanol, Butyl acetate, Methonal, Carboxylic acids.

The 959 contains  2-propanol, Carboxylic acids, and surfactants

You can look them up on google.

The flux I'm using has the following components:

Dimethylcarbinol, Resines, Reactives.

Is my flux good or similar to your Kester 951 Flux.

I would like to compare the Kester 951 and Kester 959

If you can send me some samples to test your flux they are welcome.

Is Rosin flux better than non rosin Flux?

Thank you very much.

Regards.

Alfredo Mendiola Loyola

OA4AJP

Alfredo Mendiola Loyola

Thank you Earl, the Address is correct.

Alfredo
OA4AJP

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

The flux I'm using has the following components:

Dimethylcarbinol, Resines, Reactives.

Is my flux good or similar to your Kester 951 Flux.

I would like to compare the Kester 951 and Kester 959

If you can send me some samples to test your flux they are welcome.

Is Rosin flux better than non rosin Flux?

Thank you very much.

Regards.

Alfredo Mendiola Loyola

OA4AJP

Avast logo

Alfredo Mendiola Loyola

Dear Earl:

I have just received the Pen Flux 951.

Thank you very much.

Regards
Alfredo

Earl Cox, KB5UEW

Good luck with your projects. I have many SMD components I am willing to share.