Topics

AD9851 Multiplier and Frequency Accuracy

Alfredo Mendiola Loyola

Thank you for the information Clifford.
Alfredo Mendiola Loyola OA4AJP

On Sunday, May 26, 2019, 5:35:12 PM GMT-5, Clifford Heath <clifford.heath@...> wrote:

Same frequency accuracy because that's locked to your source, but will have
some additional phase noise because that depends on the multiplication
method (the VCO, the phase comparator and the loop filter). The data sheet
will tell you more.

On Mon, 27 May 2019, 04:12 Alfredo Mendiola Loyola via Groups.Io
<mendiola_loyola=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hello,

If I use a TCXO oscillator with a frequency accuracy of 1ppm with an
AD9851 which have activated the 6x Multiplier, will the multiplied
frequency have the same accuracy of 1ppm?

Example:
Input: TCXO 10 Mhz with 1ppm
Output: AD9851 60 Mhz with X ppm

Will the value of X be 1 ppm ?