From: PHSNA@... [mailto:PHSNA@...] On Behalf Of kennnick@...
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 9:27 PM
To: PHSNA@...
Subject: [PHSNA] Ordered the stuff ...

I got on eBay last night and today and ordered an AD9850 board (about $6 ppd) and a Freeduino (about $12.50 ppd).  I compared pictures on the Excel BOM to those on eBay.

So maybe they'll arrive on the slow boat before the boards are ready.  I'm hoping I have the stuff to populate the board already.

I have something similar already working with a PIC and Raspberry Pi, but this will be a lot neater.

Ready to make some measurements.

Haha ... I can't keep all these variants straight.  I had to go back and make sure I did order the Funduino.  I got this one

I got the AD9850 from Chipworld, one of the recommended vendors.

I do have a "real" Arduino Decimilla that my son gave me for my birthday five years ago.  I've used it to run an Si570, implement a barometer / altimeter (SOTA?), a compass / magnetic heading sensor, etc. The Arduino is a fun little doo-dad.

Jerry said-

Nick,

Was there some reason you didn’t like the Funduino? ;-)

Jerry W5JH