From: PHSNA@... [mailto:PHSNA@...] On Behalf Of vk3pe@...
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 5:59 PM
To: PHSNA@...
Subject: [PHSNA] RE: RE: Printed Circuit Boards for SSNA

 4Z4ME's photos on this group show a version using a keypad and display. While the PHSNA is a nice cheap simple project, it's usefullness for tuning a filter is limited by the need to use a PC and Xcel to plot the response each time. Do the authors of this project expect to expand the capabilities of the PHSNA in the future, to something like that of 4ZME's version?  If so, does the new PCB have this capability (conenctors etc) in the design?

There is an in between possibilty also maybe, that the PHSNA has a display but no keypad, the sweep rates etc being downloaded from a PC initially. In many cases this would be OK as the item to be measured is already known in terms of frequency etc.

Glenn

--- In PHSNA@..., <phsna@...> wrote:

 I've made a trial order to ITEAD Studio for some small SMT boards for another project.. This is a test of their procedures and quality, as well as the scheme of translating ExpressPCB to gerber files.

Probably be about two weeks or so before I have a verdict. Then I will ask for a hard count of number of boards requested, and I can set a price point. At this point it looks line we'll certainly be under $10 including the CONUS postage. Could be well under if this board house works out. So think about if you want more than one board, since it's not likely I'll do a second run.

I'd encourage DX ops, if you wish, to organize some sort of group drop-ship if there are several folks in an area. It will probably reduce costs. If anyone wants to volunteer to be a drop ship target, please let me know.

Jim, N5IB

--- In phsna@..., <w5jh@...> wrote:

Well actually, you have plenty of time to order a PCB.  Jim has not yet placed an order because he is trying to get a reasonable count as to how many people want boards.  If you look on yahoo, there is a poll asking for you input on PCBs.  I think he plans to place the order within a week or two.  You can work out a group buy with Jim.

Jerry W5JH