Re: PHSNA & Measurement Receiver

wb6ogd

If you guys haven't built your receiver yet...
The main purpose of the receiver is just to be a simple spectrum analyzer, if I am not mistaken.
You may want to join the HBTE HomeBrewTestEquipment group.
Subscribe: HBTE+subscribe@groups.io <mailto:HBTE+subscribe@groups.io>

Erik, PD0EK, has a great simple design for a 0-200MHz spectrum analyzer, built with ebay modules
for about $35.  Mine is still in the proto stage but works amazingly well.  Goes right there along
with my PHSNA as most used test equipment.
His project is called tinySA.  It uses an Arduino(or similar) to control two Si4432 modules.
73,
Gary
WB6OGD

On 5/26/2020 3:10 PM, William R Maxwell wrote:
I agree with ted, please keep working on this. My receiver is still awaiting assembly but it is on the task list.

Bill, VK7MX

On 27/5/20 6:56 am, Ted KX4OM wrote:
Nick,

Keep it up! I think those of us who have built the measurement receiver are starved for working ideas to play with. When I built it, I assumed the initial use would to inject an LO to a mixer such as an SBL-1 to move an RF signal down to the measurement receiver for analysis. Sort of like the idea from old QSTs to mix an RF frequency down to a limited bandwidth scope. I would think that the IF crystal filtering in the measurement receiver would do a pretty good job for something like that, and we would be able to see the frequencies like you have done with your experiment. I need a bit more of the concepts to work with, but I am interested in what you are doing.

Ted, KX4OM