Re: AD9850 module pc board

Dave

Jim:
  I have Gerbers for a Si5351.  But, you can get the boards with the Si5351 fro a number of vendors for $7 or less.
The AD9951 thru 9954 are much better than the AD9851.  I sell a board for them at
<http://wb6dhw.com/For_Sale.html#995x>

Dave - WB6DHW

On 5/13/2020 10:44 PM, Jim Pruitt wrote:
Hello Nick.

I will see if I can get some activity started then.

I see a lot of projects that use the AD9850 and AD9851 but they all seem to use the module that was so cheap from China 6 years ago but is now up around $25 each and of questionable quality.

It has long since annoyed me that designers use the module (either the AD9850 or a Arduino Nano, etc) when just the chip will do. This is true for the Si5351 as well as the AD985x and Arduino. Often the only thing actually needed for the circuit is the DDS or PLL chip or cpu and the other things on the modules are superfluous.  The reason it annoys me is because I have a stack of AD9850 and AD9851 and AD9854 dds chips and I bought 25 of the Si5351 chips from Digikey a few months ago but I have not found pc boards to accept them and have no desire to spend $25+ for a AD9851 module that may be nothing more than a floor sweeping AD9850.

Does anyone know of gerbers for a AD985x module or a Si5351 module so I can make my own modules since already have the main chip.  I only know of one person that had gerbers for one of the modules. Does anyone know of others?  I do wish designers would put the module circuit on the pc board.  They could still add the pins/sockets for the modules and accommodate both worlds without increasing board real estate.

Is there any discussion on the subject?

Thank you.

Jim Pruitt
WA7DUY