Type 2 Build QRV

Curt

okay first the boring status: supply chain (me) has ordered a Uno, some headers and a type 2 AD9850 board from the far east - so it should land here someday and likely soon enough. I mounted the SMT passives to the detector board - wow this is fun in spite of not having good eyesight. I have the ICs in hand and/or on order.

I did figure out which side was ground for the board and that tantalum.

I noticed the AD820 I have are surface mount. I am so tempted to place one on one of the pads and gently wire the few other connections needed (I have done this before. If this isn't sane - tell me - I have PDIPs for two alternate parts with LT in the number on route).

Looks like I have most everything else on hand -- well except for those resettable fuses that I am not familiar with. Those things do look cool - time to see if I can get an assortment maybe with those two values.

Good to be started - that was the hardest part thus far. Thanks to the designers (yes I have fond memories of dialog with Jerry and I have two of his paddles in use here). Glad a few folk are still on list when I have issues.

73 Curt