Re: AD9850/51 module pc boards

William R Maxwell

I have not found the Analog sample program to be of any practical use in Australia for many years, Terry.

Back in the 1990s, sample requests to Analog were handled on line from Analog itself and they were happy to forward samples to Australian requesters. Some time in the 2000s, that policy changed, with Australian requests being forwarded to the Australian agents, Arrow from memory, who then insisted on project details, likely production numbers, likely monthly purchases etc. My explanation that I was prototyping, essentially for private, hobby use did not seem to cut the ice with them.

I never once succeeded in obtaining samples from the agents, despite Analog's ongoing sample policy. I did once get samples direct from Analog, after contacting them to enquire whether the Analog policy still applied and to ask whether the Australian agent had been made aware of it. Thereafter though, subsequent requests to them were again forwarded to the Australian agent.

I haven't tried again in recent years but I would be delighted to hear that things had changed and samples were again readily available to Australian users.

Bill, VK7MX

On 1/10/2018 10:22 AM, Terry VK5TM wrote:
Depending on how many you need, you may be able to get free samples out of Analog themselves (I haven't had any samples out of Analog for some time, so not sure of their current policy on samples).

No experience of the Ebay sellers, I base whether to buy on their ratings, reviews and comments in forums such as this.