Re: Very Late Start - Type 2

wb6ogd

Uh Clifford,
The eval board for AD9959 is $430 at Digikey..  Can you get those on ebay  for cheap?

Si5351 board is about $7.

You might as well go buy a used HP or something, no?
I think I have about $25 in my PHSNA total out the door...

73,
Gary
WB6OGD

On 9/26/2018 3:32 PM, Clifford Heath wrote:
On 27 Sep 2018, at 12:09 am, wb6ogd <garywinblad@...> wrote:
True, the SI5351 is not best...
BUT, at higher freqs it's output becomes more sine wave. And at times, I thought I might want a higher freq
generator.
If you want higher frequencies, you should consider adapting PHSNA
to use the AD9959. You get four channels with a 500MHz core, so can
generate up to 200MHz sine waves. I've published driver code for it:
<https://github.com/cjheath/AD9959>

I'm using this in a new full multi-port VNA design which requires two
coherent channels (digitally phase locked, but sweeping on different
frequencies). I'll let you know how that progresses.

Clifford Heath.