Re: Software for the measurement receiver?

Nick Kennedy

Wow, it's been so long since I've used the measurement receiver that I've
about forgotten how it works.

I think I did those plots in Excel. Jim may have prettied them up a bit
with more legends for the PDF presentation.

Reading the manual, I think your only option in the Windows version is to
output the data to a file and pick it up in Excel, if desired. I don't
think the terminal version included the measurement receiver. But it's been
a while. You could still use it, but there may not be a subset of menu
functions devoted to it.

The reason you have the option to just scan the harmonics is that this
reduces the scan time a great deal. If you're interested in
non-harmonically related spurs, you'd do a more detailed scan.

" The second reason is that a display frequency calibration
allowing for the IF offset (3.26778MHz) is desirable.
I don't think that either command line or Windows versions
can do that."

Yes, the manual (User's Guide) says, "

The user must input the IF frequency, which is generally the center of the
crystal filter’s passband, and the frequency of the signal being examined.

In the harmonics mode, the software scans plus and minus 1 kHz of the
predicted harmonic frequencies to find the peak. Results for each harmonic
are displayed in the information box and may be put to a file.

In the Freq. Range mode, the software scans the user specified range of
frequencies. The information for all points is put to a file, which is
mandatory in this mode."

I guess I should play with it a bit to get more familiar with that
function, then revise the User's Guide as necessary.

On Wed, Jul 4, 2018 at 2:21 PM Tony Jaques <anthonyjaques94@...>
wrote:

Hi all,
I have been meaning to follow up the excellent PHSNA by
trying W5JH, Jerry's measurement receiver add-on, but it
occurs to me that different software is needed.
There seem to me to be two reasons for this:
Associated with the "Spectrum scan for Elecraft...." graph is
the statement that "The measurement receiver was programmed
to scan ... skipping segments".
The second reason is that a display frequency calibration
allowing for the IF offset (3.26778MHz) is desirable.
I don't think that either command line or Windows versions
can do that.
But I have not been able to find any other versions. Can
anyone point me the right way?

The graphs presented in the Measurement receiver overview
by Jim, N5IB don't look like the output from the Windows
version, so I assume that a command line version is used,
but I would like to know how those rather nice graphs were
produced.

Tony (G3PTD).