Re: Need Schematic Please

Nick Kennedy

There were quite a few variations on the schematics and associated boards done by Jim, N5IB. He put a document in the top level of the FILES section in 2016 that attempts to organize the various possible configurations.  It's called "PHSNA FAQ Sheet.PDF".  I'd advise looking at that.

Possible variables include:

The original version used a "standard" form factor Arduino, maybe a UNO.  Later, use of the Nano was accommodated.

The original version used a 2N5109 amplifier after the DDS. Another possibility was a MMIC, I think.

Also, there were from the start two form factors of DDS units available from eBay. Jim called them "Type I" and "Type II" and made boards for both.

And later, a board was designed that could accept the AmQRP / MidnightScienceDesigns board called the DDS60 instead of one of the eBay DDS units.

Regarding the Log Power Meter board, very little was changed over the course of the project. The design is close to what Hayward and Larkin published. The board can work with both SMT or DIP versions of the AD8307 chip.

If you can examine your boards and try to determine which of those variations they are built for, that's a start. Or maybe you already have a DDS or preferred Arduino form factor and want to go from there. You can of course kludge things together, like I did with a DDS60 before Jim made his DDS60 board version.

It's a bit confusing but gives a lot of flexibility. Try to figure out what you have and what you want to use and look at the FAQ as a starting point.

On Sun, Apr 22, 2018 at 7:25 PM, richj45@... [PHSNA] <PHSNA@...> wrote:

I have some unpopulated board and I need the associated schematic.

1) Main board:  13 Oct 2013, Rev 5.01

2) AD8307 board: 13 Oct 2013, Rev 1.20

3) AD8307 board: 13 Oct 2013, Rev 1.25

Thank you for the help.