From: PHSNA@... [mailto:PHSNA@...]
Sent: Monday, July 10, 2017 6:44 PM
To: PHSNA@...
Subject: Re: [PHSNA] Re: RF out with RF OFF: Clock feed through

Yes, I think I looked at that while trying to produce the RF ON/OFF function, but IIRC there's a way to tell it to sleep, but once done you can't wake it back up quickly without going through the normal startup routines, possibly even powering off and back on.

On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 3:28 PM, wb4jfi1@... [PHSNA] <PHSNA@...> wrote:

Perhaps a better way to turn OFF the RF would be to put the DDS chip in sleep mode, NOT to just program it to 0Hz.  IIRC, putting it to sleep also powers down the internal clock multiplier (AD9851).

73, Terry, N4TLF