Re: And Another Self Contained SNA

Nick Kennedy

Really nice, Duwayne.  Not sure if I got that issue or not - I get four of every five ... when I realized I've missed an issue I pay my dues.

I haven't gotten into TFT and touch screens yet.  Coming soon to the WA5BDU workbench.

One similar gizmo I like a lot is from these guys:

Search for kit #25.  It's a VIA - includes the phase angle. cost me maybe $150 or so including the enclosure. Building is a bit of a challenge, and some things about the UI are not perfect, but I'm still pretty pleased with it. Don't ask me how it works - I don't know.

On Sun, Feb 12, 2017 at 11:13 AM, duwayne@... [PHSNA] <PHSNA@...> wrote:

I have several posts on my blog about a self contained SNA-Jr that I built, similar to Tom's YANA..

They cover the very early design, and functionality I wanted to include in a small self contained unit I could use on the bench..  I have several versions of the Chinese SNA that is available on eBay for around $100, but they need to be connected to a PC. I have found that while working on a project, I usually grab the SNA-Jr.first

Like Tom's it has a small display, but I find it adequate for my use..  After I finish a couple projects I have going on, I plan on making a newer version with a larger display, getting the frequency range up to over 150 MHz., and adding a few other functions.  Latest update can be found at http://kv4qb.blogspot.com/2016/05/sna-jr-version-ii-update.html .For other entries just enter SNA jr in the search box on the top of the page. For those members of QRParci, I wrote an article about the SNA_Jr that was in  the July 2016 issue of QRP Quarterly.

For those who are interested, the sketch, schematic, and PCB files are located at

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/axyu01rttytlubg/AAB8UrBlqCEERAR1HFrHxpv1a?dl=0

I also have the PCB files in the shared project area at OSHPark.com if anyone would want to order a couple boards.   They are around $46 for 3 so if a several people want to get together and build one the price is reasonable.

I also have a blog entry with pictures of versions that other people have built and let me know about.

DuWayne KV4QB