Re: DDS spectral "purity" ?

Nick Kennedy

On Sun, Jul 10, 2016 at 6:59 AM, sbdick@... [PHSNA] <PHSNA@...> wrote:

If an output amplifier wants to be used, it really wants to be a low distortion type.  However, any wideband amplifier also needs to be carefully laid out per the manufacturer's data sheet. But like one of my bosses has told me many times, "Keep it Simple Steve" so I prefer no amplifier at all if the output power is adequate. The The OPA2674 or OPA2677 with better thermal package would work if more output power is required at low distortion.

Regards,
"Digital Steve", K1RF

​I see that the DDS-60 uses an AD8008. (I'd thought it was an LT1253 - maybe that's the DDS-30)

Anyway, they show fairly clean output. However, those are single frequency snapshots. And clean enough for TX specs might not be clean enough for test equipment​ if you want to push to the limit.